Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 14 Anna updates

Yesterday was a tough day. She really declined. She didn't recognize some people. She keeps asking me what happened to me last night? She is confused about a lot of things. It was hard because someone has to be in the room with her all the time. She sleeps and then starts getting restless and tries to get up. She is too weak to get up by herself. I played all the voicemails that were sent to her phone for her to hear. She was listening. She talks really low and weak so she can't talk on the phone anymore. She keeps asking for ginger ale. That is all she wants lately. I am completely exhausted and this is the point where she really should go into a care center/nursing hospice center of some kind .. I can not do that to her. She always said I don't want to go in a nursing home or a hospital. I want to die at home here. I am honoring her wishes by not doing that. It is really hard because I will have to sleep in the room with her because she keeps getting restless and trying to get out of bed.. She is too weak to get up herself.. I have a friend who is a home health care aid. She slept over last night in her room and took care of her all night while I got to sleep. The last few nights I couldn't sleep because she kept calling me. I have two people coming over today to take care of her while I go to work. Tonight I will have to stay in her room. She can't stay over tonight. If I have someone coming every day to help I can get a break. It is too much for one person to do their self. I have to get ready for work now. I will continue to keep everyone updated.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your blog

    Now I want Ginger ale

    Thanks

    Hang in there cuz

    ReplyDelete