Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18

Most of you have already heard that Anna has past away. I sat with her as she took her last breath. I have to say that I felt I lost her about a week ago when she declined in a big way. She couldn't talk anymore, she got weaker and weaker every day. She was sleeping all the time and when she woke up she was not seeing us. She was looking somewhere else. I felt she was half in this world and half in her new world. Her body was broken and she has left her body. When the funeral parlor came to pick up her body, I looked at it like she was not in there. It is just a body she lived in. I actually felt relieved for her that she was not suffering anymore. I have watched her suffer for the past two months. There was nothing I could do to make her better. She kept getting worse and worse. Everyone that met her said she was such a sweet lady. I am happy that a year ago we went to Florida and went to the family reunion. She got to see her cousins that she has not seen in years, and all the family members that were there in Florida. Last summer we went to Long Beach Island and saw lots of cousins and her sisters, Debbie and Amy and Travis, and Russ's family and all the little ones. This year, just recently, on Feb. 5th she turned 90 years old. My plan to have everyone call her worked out perfect. She was so happy! It was a party right here in her house. She got calls all day from so many people. It made her so happy! I got her a t shirt that said "It took me 90 years to get this perfect and awesome". She loved that shirt!I made her wear a birthday party hat and she wore it all day! The weather recently got warm for a short time period before winter came back and she got to sit out in the porch one more time. We had a heater out there for her. Shortly after that she started getting sicker and sicker every day. It was so sad and hard to watch her suffer like that! We had so many people coming and caring for her. A few minutes after she passed away Russ noticed the sun coming out. He said the clouds in the sky opened up and the sun popped out! My dad always wanted to live till he was 90 and my mom accomplished his wish. She died on the 18th which was the number of his birthday. His birthday was August 18th. I really believe they are together again dancing and she is out of her pain. I will miss her but I am happy for her that she is out of that body that was not working anymore! I will post one more time with details about the funeral but the plan is April 15th 11am at Woodbridge memorial gardens. Pencil that date and time in and I will post the final details soon. thank you to everyone for all your kind words, prayers, and support!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you came to our home in Florida for the family reunion last year. Sad when she called me and said she would not make it this year to see our new home. I knew then we were going to lose her. It was like she was tired and ready to go home. I'm sure she is in Paradise with Vic her soul mate and love for ever. Hoping you and Russ will come to visit and relax here for awhile. You need a vacation. Bring Bri too! Plenty of room in this house. Love you all. See you in Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, we are in Florida and our family loved Anna and your father very much. Such an honor that you were there with her when she left this world for her new heavenly home... I was also with my mom when she went to Heaven as well. We love you and will see you in NJ ��Will pray for your comfort and healing, as we know she will be missed.��

    ReplyDelete